"Children's museums are cultural institutions committed to serving the needs and interests of children by providing exhibits and programs that stimulate curiosity and motivate learning. There are approximately 350 children's museums around the world. Here are highlights on how children's museums positively impact children, families, and communities." ("The Case for Children's Museums" Association of Children's Museums, Washington, D.C.)
1. Children's museums help children develop essential foundational skills.
2. Children's museums respect childhood.
3. Children's museums light a creative spark for discovery and lifelong learning.
4. Children's museums are environments where families connect in meaningful ways.
5. Children's museums serve as town squares and build social capital.
6. Children's museums are uniquely positioned to help reverse stigma and discrimination.
7. Children's museums strengthen community resources that educate and care for children.
8. children's museums contribute to local economies and reduce economic barriers.
Copy and paste the following links to read a paragraph about each one of these eight reasons to start children's museums in Crookston.