Saturday, July 17, 2010

Remember the Band Shell in Central Park

I know I'm getting older when I tell you I remember a band shell in Central Park, maybe not this one dated 1913.  But we did have one when I was young.  It was a half dome standing on edge.  Central Park was such a big part of our lives and I do not remember any mosquitos!  Let's have music in the Park again.  Music is one of the greatest healers in the Fine Arts.

Be sure to check out the latest post from Joy Riggs on Music and Architecture.  Music and Architecture together must be Heaven.  http://bit.ly/96QNmZ.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool photo, Kay! Is this from the historical museum? Does it list who the director was? My great-grandfather, G. Oliver Riggs, didn't move back to Crookston until 1914 (after directing the band from 1898-1909), so I know it wasn't him.

    ReplyDelete