Thursday, December 23, 2010

Annie Fitzgerald singer songwriter from Crookston

from the KROXAM.COM website: 

CROOKSTON HIGH SCHOOL GRAD COMES BACK HOME AND PERFORMS SONGS FROM HER NEW CD
Crookston High School graduate Annie Fitzgerald now a musical performer with a new CD. Fitzgerald is visiting her parents Chuck and Val Fitzgerald for Christmas and performed at several places in town. Fitzgerald graduated in 1997 from Crookston High School and then attended the University of Minnesota and graduated from their 2000 with a degree in musical performance. "I worked in theatre at the Ordway and Chanhassen theater and then experimented and started writing my own music and after finishing CATS at Chanhassen and working there for three years as a company member. I moved on and packed up and went to New York, found a roommate on the internet in Hoboken, New Jersey," said Fitzgerald. "I started performing regularly out there in the singer songwriter scene and was in the showcase in 2006 with Stephanie Germanotta who is now Lady Gaga, so it was a lot of up and coming people in the showcase and I got booked into a lot of clubs. I met my husband who is from upstate New York and will eventually move back to Minnesota.” Her first album was released in September called In Good Time and toured about 5300 miles for a couple of months and met a lot of great people and learned a lot in the process.
“Next I will work with some guys who are fantastic musicians and we hope to get together and work together,” said Fitzgerald. “I will continue to write music as I go along.”

No comments:

Post a Comment